Elected 1st Term
: Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2010
Elected 2nd Term:
Dec. 2010 - Dec. 2012
In December 2006, David Toro was elected to represent the District 1 residents. David worked hard to send the message that the “Voice of the People” must be heard and he wanted to be the conduit and the representative to allow that voice to be heard. The residents, with 60% of the votes, made it clear that this is the type of representation they wanted at City Hall. David is a committed and hands-on visible representative. You will find him walking in your neighborhoods, being accessible, listening to your concerns and bringing results in a timely manner.
David’s personal goal is to re-establish the people’s trust in civic leadership and to involve the community in improving the quality of life in Colton. Given his strengths in management, organization, customer service relations along with his good-natured characteristics, and although soft-spoken, David is “results-driven” and responsive to his constituency. His four-year goals and objectives are:
- Street improvements and beatification of the I-10/Pepper off-ramp
- Storm drain improvements throughout flooded portions of Colton
- Enhance computer operations at City Hall and wireless technology throughout Colton
- Resolve issues pertaining to the endangered Delhi Sand Flower-Loving (DSF) fly
- Develop land affected by the DSF fly and proceed with plans for “Super Block” (shopping, entertainment, and service amenities, etc.
From 1978 to 1982, David honorably served in the United States Marine Corps. For over 10 years, he was employed as a Meat Department Manager for Alpha Beta Food Store. Since 1994, his career focus has been with the computer industry where he is a District Team Supervisor.
David and his wife Kerri have been married since 1988 and resided in Colton since 1989. They have two children, Michael and Nicole and have always managed to live a wholesome family lifestyle. Through the years, David has been actively involved in local sports leagues and firmly believes that children learn the fundamentals of life through sports.