- - - - - - - - - UPDATE - 16 MARCH 2020 - - - -
The City of Colton continues to be concerned for the well-being of all our residents, visitors, businesses and City staff. To that end, effective Tuesday, March 17, all City of Colton public-facing counters, including Utility Billing, Development Services, Police & Community Services will be closed to the public and additional social distancing measures will be put into place.
We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented and fast-changing environment, as we work diligently to keep you informed. Please continue to monitor this page and the City’s social media pages for updates.
- City Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, will be held as planned. However, measures will be taken to limit the number of people in attendance and increase social distancing among attendees. We encourage residents who do not have business before the council, to view the meetings live at home via Channel 3 or view the meeting online at https://colton.12milesout.com/#page=1.
- Recreation & Park Commission meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 18 is cancelled.
- Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, will be adjourned to April 28, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
WATER & UTILITY BILLS
While Customer Service counters are closed, customers have many options available for payment of their utility bill:
- City of Colton - Customer Service Call Center Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm - 909-370-5555
- Pay online at the City of Colton website
- Pay by mail using the return envelope delivered to you in your monthly bill
- Call to make a Payment through the IVR phone system:
- 844-571-2896 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Pay by dropping your payment in the night drop box located at City Hall
- Pay at Larsons Pharmacy located at: 142 W. H Street in Colton CA, 92324
- Pay at City Hall using the payment kiosk – Cash, Check & Credit Cards
No cycle billing residential utility shut-offs will be undertaken at least through March 31, 2020.
Late payments will be accepted without penalty.
Commercial and return check shut-offs will continue to be processed.
Appointments can be made, Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., for the following departments by calling 909-370-6146
The Colton Fire Department is striving to continue to provide our customers with the best care possible. Please help us help you by taking the appropriate precautions by washing your hands with soap and warm water, covering your coughs and sneezes and staying away from large crowds when possible.
Building Permits, Planning Applications and Business Licenses
For active Building or Planning applications, please contact your assigned staff person directly, via phone or email (staff contacts are found on the City’s website at https://www.ci.colton.ca.us/directory.aspx?did=17)
Business License applications and renewals can be transacted online at https://www.ci.colton.ca.us/308/Business-License
To submit a NEW Planning or Building application, including submittals for Building Plan Check or Building Occupancy Permit (BOP), application forms may be downloaded from the City’s Website: https://www.ci.colton.ca.us/160/Development-Services
However, please make an appointment at the number below to submit your application, including payment of application fees. You may also make general application inquires at: Planning@coltonca.gov OR Building@coltonca.gov
We encourage residents to follow all recommendations from the CDC as well as local advisories from the California Department of Public Health and the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health. Please visit the links below for resources and real-time information.
California Department of Public Health
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
U.S. Centers for Disease Control
World Health Organization
California Executive Order N-25-20