- Our City
- City Council
- District 2
Kelly J. Chastain
City of Colton
650 N. La Cadena Drive
Colton, CA 92324
Office: (909) 370-5058
Email Kelly Chastain
Council 1st Elected to former District 3: December 1996 - December 2006
Mayor 1st Term: December 2006 to December 2010
Council 2nd Term to new District 2: December 2022 to December 2024
Kelly J. Chastain previously served on the City Council, first being elected as Council Member District 3 in 1996 to 2006, then served as Mayor from 2006 to 2010. Council Member Chastain has been a resident for over 50 years, married and has two grown children. She serves at her church as an organizer/volunteer, church elder, and Children's Church leader.
Council Member Chastain, represents the City of Colton as a member of several local /regional agencies, boards and committees including:
- Agua Mansa Industrial Growth Association (AMIGA)
- League of California Cities Legislative Task Force, Alternate Member
- Solid Waste Advisory Task Force
- Colton Beautification Committee – City Wide
- Colton Bridge Committee
- Colton Military Banner Committee
- Colton Railroad Liaison Committee
As Council Member representing District 2 and the City of Colton, some of her goals and objectives include:
- Ensure reliable and affordable city services.
- Keep our neighborhoods safe with better police and fire presence.
- Work on ways to be more effective in communicating with our residents and businesses.
- Strive to quickly and efficiently address city cleanup, graffiti removal, and street maintenance.
- Support and find ways to help our local businesses.