- City Services
- City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk continues to work hard to streamline processes, taking pride in providing courteous support and accessibility to official records with professionalism and efficiency to your Council Members, the citizens of Colton and to all City departments.
City Clerk Responsibilities
The City Clerk is an elected representative of the people and serves a four-year term. The City Clerk has legal responsibilities described in California Government Code Sections 40800. The City Clerk attends City Council Meetings and ceremonial functions.
Deputy City Clerk
The Deputy City Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City Clerk's Office and supports the City Council, staff and the citizens of Colton by coordinating the legislative process and administering city elections. Governed by provisions of state, election, and municipal codes, the department serves to preserve and protect the legislative history of the city. As a service department, staff assists the public, elected officials, and the city organization with a number of important activities, including accurately preparing and processing agendas, and administering the citywide records management program including records storage and destruction. The City Clerk's Office administers the coordination of city elections, including the filing of Candidate Disclosure Statements and Statements of Economic Interests as required by law.
- Conduct Fair and Impartial Municipal Elections
- Maintenance of Colton Municipal Code
- Agenda Management
- Processing all Resolutions, Ordinances and Agreements
- Citywide Records Management – Archiving and Destruction per Retention Schedule
- Record, Preserve and Manage Public Records Requests per the California Public Records Act
- Accept Claims, Summons and Subpoenas on behalf of the City
- Serve as Compliance Officer for Conflict of Interest Statement of Economic Interests (SEI), Campaign Disclosure Filings, and AB 1234 Ethics Training
- Posting legal notices in accordance with the law