The Engineering Division is responsible for the construction of all improvements occurring in public rights-of-way or easements. Staff reviews and provides input for all development projects and checks all maps and improvement plans for conformance with regulations.
Staff also issues all permits and inspects all construction within the public rights-of-way. Responsiveness to its residential, commercial and industrial communities is a priority, as well as a total commitment to customer service.
The various services overseen by this division include the following:
- To issue oversized load, street cut, encroachment, right of way, grading, and drainage permits
- Respond to environmental issues impacting stormwater discharges
- To manage traffic engineering and transportation planning activities
- To plan check all development plans including those that impact any of the other department functions
- To inspect construction within the right-of-way to verify conformance with the permit conditions and compliance with the existing codes
- To administer and manage public works contracts for work within the department's sphere of influence
- To maintain plan, specifications, maps, and standards for street and storm drain system infrastructure
- To respond to and handle any other requests of the department in an efficient, timely, and professional manner
- To review all proposed residential, commercial, and industrial development projects and provide engineering input/conditions of approval for approval of the proposed projects
- To program, plan, design, and administer the construction of the annual capital improvement program