open for walk-in customers
- No appointment needed.
- Public Counter Hours - 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
- Closed on Friday.
- Appointment also accepted: (909) 370-5079
New June 29, 2023 Update - IMPORTANT Information from California High Speed Rail Authority on Colton Webpage
Housing Element Update - 6th Cycle - Meetings and Webpage - NEW Information Available March 2023 - Public Notice
The Development Services Department administers building and safety, planning and business license services for the City of Colton. Public Works, Water and Waste Water, Sustainability and Electric Department staff are located at 150 & 160 South 10th Street to provide assistance with:
- Electric Utility
- Water and wastewater permits
- Water quality/NPDES compliance
- Grading permits
- Traffic impact analysis
- Compliance with electric, engineering or water/wastewater conditions of approval
- Impact fee calculations
Commercial Cannabis/Marijuana Permit Information
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Application Instructions
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Application Form
- Cannabis Business Employee/Owner Background Application
- Marijuana Candidate Sites (MCS) Overlay Zones
- Commercial Cannabis Business Ordinance (O-17-19)
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Fees (R-110-19)
- Commercial Cannabis Tax Rates (O-07-19