NOW OPEN FOR WALK-IN BUSINESS!
- Mask is Required
- Please sign-in and wait for your name to be called.
- Maximum of 4 persons in customer service counter lobby at any time. If occupancy is at 4 persons or more, please wait on sidewalk. Staff will ensure that you are notified when you can be served.
New, streamlined Business Occupancy Permit ("BOP") Inspection Process
A single weekly BOP inspection timeframe has been established: Thursdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. Inspections are conducted jointly by Building, Planning, Code Compliance and Fire. Please see revised BOP Instructions and Application.
The Development Services Department administers building and safety, planning and business license services for the City of Colton. Public Works, Water and Waste Water, Sustainability and Electric Department staff are located at 150 & 160 South 10th Street to provide assistance with:
- Electric Utility
- Water and wastewater permits
- Water quality/NPDES compliance
- Grading permits
- Traffic impact analysis
- Compliance with electric, engineering or water/wastewater conditions of approval
- Impact fee calculations
Commercial Cannabis/Marijuana Permit Information
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Application Instructions
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Application Form
- Cannabis Business Employee/Owner Background Application
- Marijuana Candidate Sites (MCS) Overlay Zones
- Commercial Cannabis Business Ordinance (O-17-19)
- Commercial Cannabis Permit Fees (R-110-19)
- Commercial Cannabis Tax Rates (O-07-19